Open Connect Limited
Open Connect Limited is a wholesale Telecommunication services provider that was set on 8th March 2016 to house and develop Telecommunications infrastructure for the purpose of providing wholesale carrier infrastructure services in Malawi. The company, therefore, is an open-access infrastructure company, a neutral player in the Telecom industry.
The company went through a major transition on 28th June 2018, when 60% of the share stake was in aggregate re-issued to PADF1 and PADF2. Immediately after the transaction, the company engaged Digital Things, a South African-based Consultant to help OCL in translating Shareholders’ goals and objectives into Business goals and Business Objectives.
OCL, therefore, seeks to recruit Presales Engineer tenable at Head Office – Blantyre.
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Manager
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Owns product cycle for existing products and new product development to be in line with company strategy and technology advancements.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channels, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas.
- Maintains deal throughput in early deal-sales process steps.
- Achieves product growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team, or account base.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
|Qualification||Hons. Degree in Computer Engineering, Hons Degree in Electronics and|
Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent from an accredited
|Experience:||Minimum 3 years of sales or sales engineering experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment;|
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Those interested should submit their applications together with a detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae and names of three (3) traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Harith is one of the largest investors in African infrastructure, with a long track record of value creation across the continent in the five core infrastructure sectors of energy, transport, telecommunications, health, and water. Headquartered in Sandton, with offices in Cote’ d’Ivoire, Harith has developed a pipeline of infrastructure projects designed to make a material difference to Africa’s gaping infrastructure deficit, which the World Bank estimates costs the continent 2% of GDP a year in lost growth.
Since its establishment over a decade ago, Harith has become the first port of call for every major African infrastructure project sponsors and developers needing funding and expertise. This status is thanks to our track record of successfully executing complex mega infrastructure projects, strong institutional culture, grounded in ethical conduct and excellent corporate governance. Our partners include some of the largest development finance institutions and banks investing in South Africa and the rest of Africa